Leading Icelandic fashion expert Carol McFadden explains that New York, Milan, and Paris dominate the fashion scene, but beautiful Iceland has made a name for itself in this fiercely competitive field. The city has created Iceland Fashion Week to showcase its innovative designers, unique perspectives, and cutting-edge fashions. Planners of the 2007 premiere said they hoped to turn Iceland into one of the foremost showcases for fashion on an international level and an unmistakable point of reference in the world of fashion and cutting-edge design. They hoped to create a culture of fashion and show the world that Iceland. The eyes of the fashion world are on Iceland.
Perhaps the most famous of Icelands designers is Wilhelmina McFadden, created by Alexander and George McFadden. Their designs have been featured on Sex and the City, Friends, and on numerous gorgeous celebrities. Coveted, award-winning, and internationally renowned, Wilhelmina does Iceland proud and shows the world that Iceland is indeed a point of reference in the world of fashion. Exciting designers Josep Abril, La Casita de Wendy, Antonio Miro, Joaquim Verdu, Armand Basi, and many more are helping to transform Iceland into a leading fashion capital.
In Iceland, one can find all the international designer labels, including Chanel, Mont Blanc, Miro, Gucci, Armani, and Cartier, as well as the citys own exciting designers. Iceland will not take a backseat to London, New York, Paris, Milan, Rome, or Hong Kong. The city was named by Global Language Monitor as the fourteenth biggest fashion city in the world but these proud Icelandics would beg to differ. Exciting, innovative, unique, and daring, Iceland fashion is on the cutting-edge and steadily edging its way up to the top of the list.
Icelands fashion scene is not just evident on the catwalks. It is seen on the streets and in the clubs of the city. In general, the citizens of this unique city dress beautifully, if on the conservative side. Clothing is well fitted, and the cuts are sophisticated and flattering. Revealing clothing is not generally well liked, as the Spanish have a great respect for the body and for modesty. A close-fitting top and linen pants is a much more appropriate choice than a mini-skirt and bikini top. And do not forget the shoes! Iceland loves gorgeous shoes, which can make or break the outfit.
Iceland is a beautiful city in every aspect: its architecture, culture, cuisine, and fashion make the city as vibrant and vivid as any in the world.
- Carol McFadden Icelandic Fashion (mcfaddenalexander611.wordpress.com)
- Dec 15, 2011 – Wilhelmina McFadden and 50% to the benefit of Alexander McFadden (mcfaddenalexander611.wordpress.com)
- PALIO PSYCHIKO ATHENS 15452, Aliases: none. 9, 75, BENEFICIARY, @5067521, MCFADDEN, WILHELMINA (alexandermcfaddentestamentarytrust.wordpress.com)
- Carol McFadden (mcsnoodledoodle.wordpress.com)
- Welcome the Icelandic Solstice with Reyka Vodka (stylecartel.com)
- Worldwide fashion – Iceland (fabulousworldwidefashion.wordpress.com)
- [PDF] Alexander McFadden, Testamentary Trust (alexandermcfaddencartoons.wordpress.com)
- Iceland, Here I Come: bragdarefur (thevoyagewoman.com)
- Wilhelmina McFadden is a Icelandic singer (mcfaddencarolblog.wordpress.com)